Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Weekly Wednesday (May 5 - 11)

I can hardly believe it, two weeks in a row!

Thursday - May 5

We had an awesome playdate at the park with Trevor's best friend in kindergarten and his twin sister. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and I loved how hard the kids played.




Friday - May 6

I have to do two pictures for Friday.

Trevor has soccer practice on Fridays. Luckily it is at a fun park, so Luke stays entertained as well. Recently Ethan taught Luke how to do hopscotch. So when Luke found this hopscotch pattern at the park, he was thrilled.



Friday was also a t-shirt packaging day for Aaron's business. Which meant that Aaron and I got to spend the evening together completing this.




Saturday - May 7 - Aaron's Birthday!!!

We started the day out with a big yummy breakfast. As I was cooking I put the kids in charge of decorating.



After some exercise (Aaron) and shopping (Gina) we met up at the soccer field for Trevor's soccer game. Trevor is an amazing little player and decided that today he was going to score a goal for his daddy's birthday. He played harder than I have ever seen him play. And right after he scored, he ran over to Aaron on the sideline and said, "Dad, that was for you! Happy Birthday!" Sweetest gift ever!

We then went out to lunch as a family and then to see the movie, Rio. So fun!

After that we had to head home because Aaron and I were asked to help chaperone our church's "Mormal" (the Mormon Formal). I got to sit at the ticket table and greet everyone as they came in. I loved seeing who came with who and what they were wearing. Aaron ended up on "security" duty. He had to roam the parking lot and classrooms, well. . . you know why. But it was fun to get to dress up and party with the youth.



Sunday - May 8 - Mother's Day!

I had a FANTASTIC day! I got to sleep in. The kids put a walkie talkie in my room and "woke" me up by telling me all the things they love about me. I then went downstairs to the best breakfast ever! Of course, I loved the cards and gifts that the kids gave me too!



After church I got sent to my room for a nap and reading while my family made steak dinner. Heaven! And Kaden made the best cake ever. He even made fondant and decorated it like a gift. I feel like the luckiest mom in the world to have such an amazing family!



Monday - May 9

We woke up to snow! UGH! But that didn't stop the kids from playing outside. At least after school there wasn't any snow on the ground.



Tuesday - May 10

I have four boys. Things happen. Over the years I have learned to cowboy up and just deal with these things. Two curious hands making flour/water glue then shaking those hands to splatter that glue over my entire kitchen. Using Desitin to finger paint all over my couch. Putting food coloring in a baking soda and vinegar rocket that stained my entire driveway. No problem.

Tuesday I was making lunch for Trevor and Luke. They decided to play soccer in the living room. I asked them to stop and told Trevor that he needed to go do his homework. But these two little boys didn't stop. Luke kicked his ball, and then. . . shattering. I knew exactly what it was.



When Aaron and I got married a dear friend of mine gave us this Salt Lake City Temple plate for a wedding gift. I loved it. I have had it displayed in our home ever since.

As I looked at that shattered plate, I sent Trevor and Luke upstairs so I wouldn't yell at them, then, unexpectedly, I burst into tears. I didn't realize until that moment just how much that plate meant to me. After about five minutes I pulled myself together, and called the boys down for lunch. I went upstairs to eat in my room. Then, a little boy with a blue blanket quietly came in. He sat down beside me and put his head on my lap. Then he looked at me with the saddest eyes and said, "I sorry I broke your plate, Mommy." My heart melted. I again realized that things are things, but the most important thing in my life will always be my family.


Wednesday - May 11

Tonight our family gets the opportunity to teach a new member missionary discussion to guy in our ward who was recently baptized. This is the second time in just over a month we have been able to do this. We love the chance for our boys to understand the importance of missionary work. This is Ethan holding the "Preach My Gospel" manual. As a family we read from this every morning as part of our scripture study.

1 comment:

Tanis, said...

What a fabulous Mother's Day cake. And I LOVE the walkie talkie wake up call. Too Cute!