Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Amazing" Race

Do you remember the good old days, before we were married when dates were so much fun?!?! Everybody was trying to impress everybody else and dating was an exciting experience! This last Saturday Aaron and I had a great flashback! It started a few weeks ago at church when we all of a sudden ended up with an invitation to a Halloween party. It was very strange. We didn't know who it was from, or where it was. We were basically told a date and that we would need to get a babysitter. We had to respond to Jack Ripper through a spooky Halloween email. Oh, you can't imagine the buzz as people were trying to figure out who was behind this!!! So slowly we found out that we were put on teams and each team had to bring certain items such as a pick ax, shovel, life jackets, rubber gloves, flashlights, protective head gear, etc. We were then to meet at the Costco parking lot at 6:00 at the orange and black balloons! Oh how fun!!! Aaron and I were very excited.

So on Saturday we showed up, not sure what to expect. It turns out that an "Amazing Race" style game had been put together for us. We were given clues and then had to do an activity before we could get our next clue. We had an awesome group! (by the way, costumes were optional)



Our first clue led us to a pumpkin patch where our clue was "in a pumpkin shell." We had to wander around until we found a pumpkin with our team's name on it. We then used the pick ax to get our next clue.



We were then sent to Scheels, a HUGE sporting good store, where we had to find Calvin Coolidge.



Our next stop was a fun pizza place where one couple had to eat pizza, and not just any pizza. It was pizza that was doctored up with hot (and I mean burn your mouth hot) sauce, peppers, and anything else that could add HEAT!!!! Oh man, am I glad I didn't have to eat it!!! From what I hear, it was incredibly intense!!!!!!



We then went to a bowling ally where we were given size 17 shoes and told we had to bowl ten frames or a score of 60 to get our next clue. So funny, but the poor group next to us was not happy!

Our last clue sent us to the GIANT swing at the Grand Sierra Resort. When we got there we saw another group in front of us and realized we came in second place.




Two people from each group had got to ride this ultimate rush attraction!!!! I wanted to go so bad, but because Aaron and I had already been on it a few years ago we let two other girls from our group go. As all the groups arrived we realized that there were enough people that wanted to ride that we got a great group discount and everybody who wanted to ride got to. So YES!!! I did go! SOOOOOO FUN!!! After everybody finished we went to Claim Jumper for dessert and talking! It was a GREAT evening.



Thanks to the Zufelts, Allisons, and Biglers for putting this all together!!!! We had an AMAZING time!!!

2 comments:

Tanis, John and Family said...

What a fun time. Geesh. Some people are SO creative!

Lorin said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun.
As far as costumes go, I think I'd have to vote for Pedro...and Napoleon.