Ethan earned his Bear Badge in Cub Scouts. He has worked hard to earn this, and we are so proud of him.
Friday, May 27
As you may know, Kaden is really into yoyoing right now. He is quite good. Well, on Friday I got a call from the school nurse at Kaden's GT school telling me that he had hit his eyebrow with his yoyo during recess. It was pretty deep and they wanted me to come and get him. I took him to the urgent care where Kaden got his yoyo wound glued shut.
Also on Friday, Aaron brought home all these exercise towels that he needed packaged. It turned into a great family activity.
Saturday, May 28
This was the start of the Memorial Day weekend. We didn't have any exciting plans so Kaden took a job dog sitting for a family in our neighborhood. The dogs were the cutest little dogs! Also, can you see the snow? This was just the start of the snow storm we got that day, crazy!
Sunday, May 29
We had the opportunity to give talks in church. Kaden was the youth speaker, while Aaron and I were the "old" speakers. Kaden wrote his talk all by himself. He spoke on honoring the priesthood. I got to speak on following the prophet, and Aaron spoke on preparing spiritually and temporally for the future and Luke got to say the prayer in Primary. Ethan took this picture of us holding our talks after we got home from church.
Monday, May 30 (Memorial Day)
The kids didn't have school so I had them work on cleaning out their rooms. It was a productive day, but not very fun for the kids. So Aaron took the boys to our brand new Maverick where they got smoothies and then went to watch Kung Fu Panda 2. This is a picture of them getting their smoothies.
And here is Luke with his 3-D glasses from the movie.
Tuesday, May 31
Garbage day. I was taking all the garbage out to the curb and Luke insisted on dragging the bags out. I thought it was so cute that he wanted to help me. As I snapped this picture my camera battery died. So I was unable to try to get a better shot.
Wednesday, June 1
For the last six weeks of school, the fourth graders get to learn how to play the recorder in music class. Ethan was frustrated because he goes to GT on the day that his class has music. So he made the decision to stop going to GT so that he could learn how to play the recorder. I don't think that he has regretted it one bit. He is amazing on that thing and earned his black belt in Recorder Karate. He also started playing piano music with it and sounds amazing. Today he had his recorder concert with his class.
Ethan is showing off his recorder with all his "belts" that he earned. Today at the concert his class was awarded a special Westergard belt for being the class who had the highest percentage of times that all the kids brought their recorders to class.

1 comment:
Oh my goodness, I would have LOVED to hear your family all speak!!! How fun is that?
Post a Comment