Thursday, July 21
It was Luke's last day of swimming lessons. I was so frustrated when I got to the pool and realized that I had left the camera on downloading pictures the day before and the battery was dead. I had to bring Luke home to show off his book that says he passed.
Friday, July 22
Trevor had his last day of swimming lessons. I was much better prepared with the camera. Trevor had been looking forward to this day for weeks because he would get a chance to jump off the diving board. But he didn't just want to jump, he wanted to do a flip. Ethan had been coaching him all week on how to do this. So at the end of lessons, they lined up all of the level 1 swimmers. Trevor got to be the leader (because, well, he was the best). They had one teacher out in the water holding his life guard flotation device, and the other teacher at the end of the board to help the kids. They gave instructions of what to do and then told Trevor it was his turn. Trevor climbed up on the diving board and without even hesitating he ran down the board and flipped right off the end. Everybody sat there with their mouths wide open. They couldn't believe a little level oner could do that. Even Kaden and Ethan's swim team coach who manages the pool was standing there and exclaimed, "I wasn't expecting that!" Yes, Trevor was the BEST. Not one other kid even attempted to flip off the board. In fact most of the kids had to be convinced that it was okay to even jump off.
Here is Trevor with his swim teacher, Braden.
Saturday, July 23
We picked up Kaden's friend Carson and drove to Roseville, California so that Kaden could compete in his first ever yoyo competition. This was a fairly large competition and quite a few professional yoyo players were there to entertain as well. Kaden competed against around 50 other kids in his age group. Although he didn't win, he did fantastic considering this was his first competition. And, a lot of these other kids are actually sponsored by different yoyo companies (meaning that they have been doing this a long time, and are really good).
We did take a video of his performance but I will have to wait for Aaron to post it later. Kaden was amazing!
Here is Kaden getting his shirt signed by Augie Fash.
Sunday, July 24
Pioneer Day. Sorry no pictures.
Monday, July 25, Ethan's 10th Birthday!!!!
I can't believe my little Ethan is 10 years old. He is such an amazing boy, and we are so lucky to have him in our family.
Ethan was so excited that he got this watch that he had been begging for.
Aaron always makes breakfast very special for our kids on their birthdays.
In the evening we went to PF Chang's for dinner and then went to Coconut Bowl for mini golfing, Go Karts, and the laser maze. And then we came home to yummy cake.
Ethan we love you! Happy Birthday!
Tuesday, July 26
We decided, last minute, to drive to Utah to surprise my sister, Kara, on her 30th birthday. The kids and I loaded up the car and off we went. It was soooo fun to surprise Kara. And we loved being able to stay with Britt and her cute family. My boys sure love their cousins.
Wednesday, July 27
Aaron flew into Salt Lake. After we picked him up at the airport we drove to Heber to look at a couple of houses. We decided to put an offer on another house. We will let you know if anything happens with this house.
After looking at houses we drove to Jordan and Luci's house for dinner. And then met up with Kara to see Mr. Poppers Penguins - which all the kids loved.
Thursday, July 28
We met up with Luci at Seven Peaks water park. I had not been there since college and it is such a different experience going there with four kids plus my nephew. We had a GREAT day! Luke loved playing with Jaxon and Libbi. And the older boys enjoyed using the buddy system to ride the slides. Kaden and Treyson rode together and Ethan and Trevor rode together.
Friday, July 29
We took the kids to a place called, Jump on it. They have trampoline after trampoline after trampoline, even against the wall, so you can bounce any way you want. I totally thought I would be jumping with the kids and didn't want to worry about the camera, so I left it at home. But I was so impressed at the end when Aaron was teaching Trevor and Ethan how to do back flips into the foam pit.
That evening we had an awesome BBQ with Britt and Casey. YUMMMY! And it was so fun to enjoy their beautiful back yard.
Saturday, July 30
We met all our Utah family at Kneaders for french toast before jumping in the car to drive home. We did stop to use the bathroom at the salt flats. The kids thought it was so cool that the "snow" wasn't cold at all.
Sunday, July 31
Tried to recoup from our trip, no pictures.
Monday, August 1
Kaden left at 5:00 am for scout camp. He won't be home till Saturday. This is his first time being gone for a whole week. I am already missing him so much!
We had to go to the Apple Store. After a while Luke was bored and I didn't want him breaking anything in that store. So we went outside and found this cute little putting green.
Tuesday, August 2
I had to get a picture of this typical play at our house. I think boys are always wrestling each other. This is a unique time when both boys are actually laughing while doing it.
Wednesday, August 3
Funny story. Luke had a friend over to play. I was playing bey blades with them. These are little "tops" that battle each other. The last one spinning is the winner. Luke has played before and his friend hadn't. So at first Luke was winning all the rounds. Then his friend finally got the hang of it and beat Luke. Luke was not happy, in fact he was ANGRY! He started screaming and picked up the bey blades and threw them. I jumped in and grabbed him and took him to his room for time out, the whole time Luke was screaming mad. I then took his friend into another room. His friend started crying and saying that he wanted his mom. Then he looks at me and stamps his foot and demands, "Why are you being mean to Luke, he is my friend!"
And Luci had her baby! We are so excited to meet this new nephew/cousin!

No comments:
Post a Comment