Thursday morning Aaron laughed so hard when he went in to wake up Trevor and it seriously looked like Trev was praying in his sleep.
Our lives are absolutely full of swimming right now. From 8:00 to almost noon we are at the pool. It is so fun to see how much the boys are improving.
Friday, July 15
Kaden had an orthodontist appointment and was given rubber bands to straighten his jaw out.
Saturday, July 16
Ethan had Cub Scout Day Camp. Aaron went with him as a parent volunteer. Ethan had a great day and loved shooting the bb-gun, archery, making the crafts, and the fun obstacle course.
Sunday, July 17
We got out of church to find out that the hill behind our house was on fire. It was crazy to watch the planes and helicopters work to contain the fire. The Brooklyn Fire ended up burning 75 acres.

Monday, July 18
Every day after swimming, Kaden is STARVING. He is always begging to go out to breakfast. After saying no every single day I started thinking about different yummy breakfasts. Then I started craving the french toast from Kneaders in Utah. So I hopped on the Internet and after a few clicks I found their recipe. The only problem is that they use their own "chunky cinnamon bread." We don't have a Kneaders anywhere near us and they don't give the recipe for that. So, I decided I was going to create my own. I started out with the "German Braided Bread" from the Hardy cookbook. Instead of braiding it, I pulled off chunks and rolled them in cinnamon sugar and put them in loaf pans. I then poured a little melted butter over the top and added the extra cinnamon sugar. Holy cow, it turned out AWESOME! And the french toast was absolutely AMAZING! This picture does not even come close to doing this bread justice. YUMMM!!!
Tuesday, July 19
Kaden left on a backpacking trip with his scout troop. His favorite part was cliff jumping into the lake.
Wednesday, July 29
We had a fun evening eating dinner at park near Aaron's work.

1 comment:
That bread looks amazing Gina! I want to know exactly what you did? Seriously, email me. Hope things are going well!
Post a Comment