Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ace of Cakes

Yes, our kids love the show Ace of Cakes on the Food Network. For any of you who are not familiar with this show, it is this big burly chef and his tattoo covered friends who make the coolest cakes! Kaden is fantastic in the kitchen and loves to try all sorts of new things. Ethan is just starting to follow recipes. They both want to be little chefs and decorate cakes just like on this show. So I bought fondant for them to try out. My sweet little Ethan decided he wanted to make a red corvette. He absolutely believed that his cake was going to look like this:



Well, it was not as easy as he thought and even with a little help, this was what he ended up with:



Kaden knew it was going to be tricky and just wanted to have fun. After almost cutting his finger off while trying to shape his cake, this is what he ended up with:



Well, whatever it is, he did it all by himself!

Just wait, in a few years (and after a little more practice) they will both be taking orders for all your cake needs.

4 comments:

Kara Lee Robinson said...

I'm pretty sure I have a few more years before my wedding. You think they will be ready by then? :)

RichWithLove said...

I have to say that I like Ethan's cake better than Ace of Cakes.

Tanis, said...

I LOVE how your boys are so independent in the kitchen. You should get them watching a little "Emirel". I bet in no time they'll be whipping up some gourmet food for you.

Lucky Duck!

Rachael said...

Oh my gosh - I laughed SO hard at the "ideal" picture and the "reality" cake. SO FUNNY! So glad you documented that.